All signage is in place, so effective immediately, ATVs/UTVs are officially allowed on certain city streets as outlined in Ordinance #865.
On August 3, 2021, the Black River Falls Common Council approved Ordinance #865 which designates all city-maintained roads, streets, alleys, and highways, including any city-maintained parking lots, except connecting highways, as open to all-terrain vehicle (“ATV”) or utility terrain vehicle (“UTV”) routes, except as otherwise posted, and authorizes the operation of ATVs or UTVs on all state, connecting and county highways with a posted speed limit of 35 MPH or less within the territorial boundaries of the City, except as otherwise posted.
- The hours of operation are 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- All ATV/UTV operators are required to ride single file.
- Operators MUST be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Operators are required to have liability insurance and be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Operators of any ATV/UTV are prohibited from possessing any form of open alcoholic beverage.
- The Black River Falls Police Department has the authority to temporarily close any ATV/UTV route whenever conditions warrant closure.
- Violators are subject to a citation and fines of not less than $100 or more than $250.